Choosing an Event
COMPETITIVE EVENT ROSTER
Sign up with an advisor in September
List of All Events from DECA.org
Sign up for a Written Event (fill out this form)
Sign up for a Role Play Event (fill out this form)
SRT ROLE PLAY SCHEDULE
Check out our NEW DECA Point Policy on the website's main navigation
How many DECA Points do you have? (This will be posted in September 2018)
Preparing for Your Event
These study guides will help you prepare for your exams at the district, state, and international competitions! They are "live" documents that will be updated throughout the year. There are four study guides that specifically address key performance indicators on the following cluster exams:
- Business Management AND Principles
ROLE PLAY SRT PRACTICE OPPORTUNITIES
Nothing prepares you for district and state better than PRACTICING your role plays with other Carmel DECA students who have been successful in the past. Check out the SRT ROLE PLAY SCHEDULE and come as often as you can.
In addition, you need to STUDY OLD CLUSTER EXAMS for your event and practice them to get ready for your exam, which counts as 1/3 of your score.
WRITTEN EVENT SRT HELP SESSIONS
Come to F109 during SRT to get help from our written event competitive heads. Click the link above to see when your competitive event head will be available.
WRITTEN EVENT RESOURCES
CCS CREDENTIALS REQUIRED
This folder includes everything you need to be successful in your written event.
Please take time to utilize each of the following folders.
- Planning Tools for Each Written Event
- Written Event Guidelines
- Examples of Past Winners
Check out the EVENT GUIDELINES for the three professional selling events
Stock Market Game
- Stock Market Game - Click this link to REGISTER
- REGISTER to compete in the Stock Market Game
- Mr. Reid or Mrs. Cardamon will create your team and provide you with login credentials.
- If you place TOP 25 in the region, you will automatically advance to ICDC.
- Be sure to follow ALL OF THE RULES of the competition--it is easy to get disqualified if you are not careful.
Virtual Business Challenge
- 24 Chances to qualify for ICDC playing a business video game!
- The Top 2 teams in each of 6 categories will advance to ICDC automatically from the Central Region.
- There is a challenge in October and another one in January.
- Read the VBC DECA Event Guidelines
- Challenge 1: October 24 @ 10:00am - November 3 @ 5:00pm
- Challenge 2: January 9 @ 10:00am - January 19 @ 5:00pm
- REGISTER for the Virtual Business Challenge!
- If you are on a TEAM of 2-3, you will each need a unique login name.
- Create a "team" and drag each of your names into the team.
- Then fill out the VBC form below to tell us that you are ready for you team to be approved by filling out the form below.
- VBC FORM--Fill this out after you register.
- LOGIN to get started AFTER you have registered and been approved